LootNanny 2.0

[CENTER][IMG width=“800px”]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?media/lootnanny2-0-logo.347528/full[/CENTER]

So it’s been[SIZE=4] a long[/SIZE] time since I got around to working on Loot Nanny and with the few bugs and issues that needed addressing, it turned into a full re-write.

[SIZE=4]Why Loot Nanny 2.0?[/SIZE]
[ul]
[li][SIZE=4]My own personal hunting became impossible to track, Arsonistic Chips made tracking inaccurate, weapons over 100 attacks / min also broke tracking. Armour and Healing decay also was mostly ignored. [/SIZE][/li][li][SIZE=4]Too much configuration and management, adding and maintaining loadouts, knowing what people were using for each shot was a bit of a nightmare. [/SIZE][/li][li][SIZE=4]With the advent of GenAI - I wanted to see how far and how fast using GenAI tooling could catapult the development cycle time (hint: It’s a lot!). [/SIZE][/li][/ul]

[SIZE=5]How to get Loot Nanny 2.0? [/SIZE]

Loot Nanny 2.0 is now available for public release, get some testing done and let me know if you have any suggestions or encounter any bugs

Get it at: https://lootnanny.com

[SIZE=5]Current Features[/SIZE]
[ul]
[li][SIZE=4]Hybrid chat.log + Account Inventory tracking, keeps accurate counts of costs with a one button configuration.[/SIZE][/li][li][SIZE=4]Local markup saving and real-time calculation of loot returns. [/SIZE][/li][li][SIZE=4][Experimental] Markup Value automatic capture:[/SIZE][/li][LIST]
[li][SIZE=4]Trying out using OCR to detect Market Value windows and start building up a database of markups for all items, this is a completely opt-in feature, no data is sent outside of the application otherwise. [/SIZE][/li][/ul]
[li][SIZE=4]Armour, Weapon, Healing and Consumable tracking (Nearly automatically - one time setup required)[/SIZE][/li][li][SIZE=4]Automatic Updates[/SIZE][/li][li][SIZE=4]Streamlined Window to sit on top of your EU window for one desktop / laptop setups. [/SIZE][/li][li][SIZE=4]Combat stat calculations[/SIZE][/li][li][SIZE=4]Skill gain tracking[/SIZE][/li][/LIST]

[SIZE=5]Roadmap[/SIZE]
[ul]
[li][SIZE=4]Insights and Analytics[/SIZE][/li][LIST]
[li][SIZE=4]Return rates over time, loot multipliers, etc… [/SIZE][/li][li][SIZE=4]Item drop windows and wave notifications[/SIZE][/li][/ul]
[li][SIZE=4]Alerts[/SIZE][/li][ul]
[li][SIZE=4]Custom chat.log alerts with notifications (i.e. A Keshaan was killed) [/SIZE][/li][/ul]
[li][SIZE=4]Website + API[/SIZE][/li][ul]
[li][SIZE=4]/api/get_market_data endpoint for markup data for items. [/SIZE][/li][li][SIZE=4]Ability to share and sync sessions between multiple PCs. [/SIZE][/li][/ul]
[li][SIZE=4]And whatever people come up with.[/SIZE][/li][/LIST]

[SIZE=5]Screenshots[/SIZE]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][IMG width=“1007px” height=“710px”]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?media/lootnanny2-0.347527/full[/TD]
[TD][IMG width=“1007px” height=“711px”]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?media/lootnanny2-0.347526/full[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][IMG width=“1007px” height=“709px”]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?media/lootnanny2-0.347525/full[/TD]
[TD][IMG width=“1008px” height=“712px”]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?media/lootnanny2-0.347524/full[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

22 Likes

Reserved for change log.

One suggestion I’d like to see that is tough right now is to basically be able to have a database of loot tables for each mob to show what you’ve looted and how often maybe as a percentage, somewhat similar to loot tables on the wiki. I know I’d like to be able to track how often I might loot a certain item per hour while hunting for instance.

OCR could maybe do it (though not super reliably), but if MA changed the chat lot to say something like “You defeated a Mature Longu.” for one chat line followed by the current text showing what was found, that would go a long ways. Maybe it’s considered a bit of conflict if you mentioned it Nanashana, but I’d definitely plug it to MA. @Socrates|Mindark or @Ludvig|MindArk, I think that suggestion would help out the community and Nanashana (or anyone else) for developing community tracking tools.

3 Likes

if they added more information like that to chat log, community would receive way more advanced tools, and safer to use then tools currently distributed

Would be great if it worked with AoE somehow!

2.0 Should in theory work fine with Rockets/Grenades, haven’t tested but fundamentally its the same problem as Arsonistic or other Damage over time chips :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, quite a bit update in: Happy to have things more rolled out for more general testing now, you can pick up a copy of LootNanny2 at Loot Nanny 2 and check out the setup and user guide here: https://lootnanny.com/guide/

[B]v2.0.6

Features / Additions[/B]

  • Insights: New Insights Window with tabs for Loot + Mining (+ Crafting placeholder).
    Mining helpers: heatmap, drop estimation, finder decay estimation; EntropiaNexus finder cache support.
  • Suggestions / Bugs button that opens the Featurebase portal.
  • Log UI protection: cap log viewer to last ~2000 lines to prevent long-run UI lag.
  • Market price capture now emits results via a Qt signal (safer threading).
  • New /guide/ page on the lootnanny.com website
  • Session metadata now includes notes and flags; schema/version migration coverage added in tests.
  • Market capture stability: prevent overlapping OCR runs; capture executes off the UI thread to avoid stalls.
  • API market upload: request-level dedupe + “most complete record wins” merging (fills missing fields without overwriting).
  • Market uploads: avoid re-uploading the same item repeatedly; improved dedupe behavior server-side and in the sync tool.
  • UI responsiveness: reduced log growth impact; avoided OCR/capture re-entry.
  • Fixed issues with Converting shrapnel and repairing mid-session
4 Likes

I don’t seem to have the Tesseract-OCR folder under Program Files. Was this suppose to be installed with the program? Thank you!

Oo cool I will try it out been using lootnanny 1.. thanks for taking the time 2 do this

btw on 1 if I leave it open for a long while it ends up using an absolute insane amount of RAM that eventually ends up crashing my computer so I got to remember to just use it on shorter runs. But hopefully this newer 1 can run longer unless it’s just because I leave my game on forever so it reads all the chat logs for time game is open or something.

Thats only needed for the Automatic market data capture, completely optional. It’s a separate installation for an OCR (screen reading) library that I didn’t want to bundle with the app

This version also has some Mining support it will:

[ul]
[li]Automatically detect if you’re mining and start recording in mining mode (also works with hunting for combined tracking)[/li][li]Keep track of claimed resources, so you can inspect what distributions of ores and enmatters you have found in both your current mining session and global stats. [/li][li]Automatically calculate the number of dropped bombs (derives this from your finder decay - note: some inaccuracies here due to assuming you’re either single dropping or double dropping consistently). [/li][li]Integrates with the EntropiaNexus API to cache all finder decays to automatically work out which tools you’re using and understands your mining drops from all detected finders. [/li][/ul]

1 Like

When purchasing a BLP Pack or Survey Probe through a trade terminal, the cost remains the same, but when reselling it through a trade terminal, it’s added to the Total Cost, distorting the TT Return. If I ignore the BLP Pack, won’t it not be applied to the cost when used? Is there a separate way to set this up?

Is there a way to make 2.0 look like the first version? I liked the simplicity of just TT in TT out and the %.
Also, the numbers don’t seem right.
Im testing it out with the frontier rifle. Shot maybe 5 mobs and says the cost is 8.16 PED, waaay too much. Says DPP is 3.05 when it 0.052 with my setup.
Is there something I am not understanding?

It considers all changes on your account at the moment, there’s definitely a number of issues that need ironing out, but things like selling on auction, trading etc… can all impact costs at the moment.

The aim of the updated tracker was to be able to work for the majority of cases with very minimal input required from the player, Its definitely working for a standard hunting setup without a lot of external things happening (i.e. shop sales), and I’ll be fixing some of these more edge cases as I come across them.

Mine wasn’t making any sense either but I think it was because I never clicked to start tracking inventory changes on the EU website itself first. So I’ll try again later but maybe was papercrusts problem too.

With me hunting then mining then hunting again etc. Like I do for the arkadian dailies. Where I would then drop off my hunt loot in a seperate part of storage to go mine with less weight just mess the whole accounting up even if at the end when I want final numbers just for hunting could I just retake out all the hunt loot that i had put in storage to have numbers make sense? Or would the burned probes and repairing my amp etc mess that up anyways? Or does that stuff go into the mining section so it should actually work like that having all hunt loot in inventory and mine loot in storage?
I worded this terrible but hopefully it makes sense.

Seperate question what about say oratans or mine bots drill bots etc are those mobs that would get messed up regardless and nothing can be done about them for a fix since their hunt loot is sometimes mine loot and labeled as such? It wouldn’t be a big deal to avoid them/not use the tracker on those oddball cases.

You shouldn’t need to start tracking on the website, I’ll have a bit more of a think about the hybrid mining / hunting.

Basically mining stats are calculated form your finder decay, so thats what determines how many probes you’ve dropped. I’m planning on seperating out weapon + ammo costs into seperate buckets. I think the issue with mining is that its hard to know if you’re doing ore/enmatt/treasure, which massively effects costs - but overall ammo usage would be tracked correctly.

Refining mining stuff mid run might not work right now, but in theory as long as you dont refine (can put in vehicle and recall), otherwise everything should tally for a mining run with hunting mixed in at the moment.

Hey Nana. Love your work but I’m a little concerned with you asking for the EntropiaSessionID. I’ve seen the note about it being stored locally etc. but without seeing the source code it’s hard to verify if this is safe. Would you consider open sourcing this so that I can inspect the code and self-compile? It’s just that I’m quite security conscious with these things :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Completely understand the hesitance and that was the main reason why I put the disclaimer in the app.

Given the plan is to add extra web-based functionality down the line, i.e. storing sessions, mob loot composition and market data, which will require users to authenticate and log in, I’m reluctant to fully opensource everything as it’ll just be an extra attack vector itself with everything being published.

For now, if you’re not comfortable, I’d recommend not using it, though I’ve also put in a suggestion for MA to allow for a scoped session token, or alternate way to poll that information which doesn’t get access to other parts of a users account, i.e. an EntropiaInventorySessionID, or implement proper API / App authorization protocols into their stack.

But the only endpoints that are hit from the App to LootNanny servers are defined here: https://lootnanny.com/docs/#/ .

No problem. It looks like a great upgrade over the first version but I’ll have to say no. The EntropiaSessionID allows access to my deposits, personal information, and a whole heap of other things. If I can’t confirm that these won’t be accessed then I can’t use it.

4 Likes

Hopefully we’ll be able to get safer access to the data at some point in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like