Sounds good. Especially, with import\export data - maybe i’ll decide to move to networking version from standalone, who knows?
yes if you can make the import/export function work properly between the two versions then that step to split the development between offline and online will be awesome ! ![]()
hello
this is for sure one of the best miner logger built for EU ever!!! and the reputation of this guy is pristine, so you can use it with no troubles. If you are looking for a mining software you can stop to look around.
DC
I must say that this all look very nice and I really don’t mind being put out of business (Yes, I’m the mining Logger dude), however, before I make a decision on what to do in the future, I’d very much like to hear people experiences with this software. So far I’ve found no feedback on how well it work and such. Do it read the claim correctly every time? How long does it take for a claim to be read? and so on and so forth.
It would be a waste of time for me to continue my endeavour if this works like a charm, but it would also be a shame to do development all together if it don’t.
I think is better to respond by PM, but do remember that this is not about my software. (changes are coming, if development continue, but this is neither the time or the place for such announcements.)
Best regards.
Hi Zacariaz,
Thank you for posting.
The tool is out in the public for 3 days now, of course some bugs where already found..
some are corrected, others are soon to be corrected. As with any software in beta.
If you are curious how well it works please download it and give it a go!
And feel free to share your opinion and creative comments here with others.
I didn’t intend to put you out of business. I think a little competition helps us make our tools better!
If you decide to abandon your development which i wish you don’t, i hope at least it wont be because of me.
Ido
If the Mining logger is abandoned, it will be because of you, but you shouldn’t feel bad about that, remember that I only put in the work because no one else had.
Even so, competition is good there is two problems. Firstly, while the future mining logger may be better at what it does, it will no compare to what you’re offering feature wise. Basically it will only extract the information and put it in a file. There will me no map interface and such, which mean that people will have to use a third party to get the data graphically presented. I think few will bother if they can get the solution in one package. Secondly I really hoped to be able to earn a buck or two, nothing big. Was thinking something like $10 a year or maybe even a similar small amount of money for a lifetime use of the software. However, if you’re providing the service for free, that will likely not work out.
At best I think I could put out and OCR solution for all developers to use, but again it would be a lot of work and if the prospect is that it’s being overshadowed by something better, it’s really not worth it I think.
Well, enough whining ![]()
I’d really like to try it out, however I’m broke as always, IRL as well as in game, so that’s really not an option. Was hoping for some user experiences. Though I thought it had been out for a lot longer. No wonder I hadn’t heard about it before ![]()
hi ido,
i’ve downloaded your app, mostly out of curiosity, since i’m not a miner myself, and it looks really really nice :thumbup: it gives an impression of a professional, clean and polished piece of software.
however, i tried to scan some old claims that i had stored on my PC, and i couldn’t make it work. of course, this might not have anything to do with your code, since most probably it is due to how claims are currently rendered in EU, compared with how they were in the past. have you tried your app with old claim screenshots?
Could very well be because the screenshot are saved in a non lossless format like jpeg. If however they’re are saved in a lossless format like png, bmp, tiff, etc. it’s probably some real old claims.
Hi Jdegre,
Its nice to see my tool caught your attention.
I would like to explain, that it does not allow scanning of screenshots for data integrity reasons.
What it does is, it scans the game widow to ensure the data is not falsified or tampered with.
Its one of many security features intended for future use with data aggregation where deposit existence maps are created, so that the abuse of the system for individual gain is prevented (example land owner falsifying data to draw miners to their barren LA).
A future release will include import export options but i doubt we will provide features for image scanning of old deeds. But if there is a general justified need for that we will find a solution ![]()
And again for anyone wanting to try out the tool in action i recommended rookie gear (10 pec a drop) with 2-3 ped you are bound to hit something ![]()
Ido
10 PEC per drop? Have I missed something? I’ll sure to check it out when I get home if that’s the case.
Yes - 1 Genesis Rookie Seismic Bomb costs 0.10 ped
How long can I expect to wait for the activation mail?
edit:
Never mind, finally arrived, though it took some time.
I have now tried it out and I do have few important things to say.
-
The client is unstable. It stopped responding at some point, right after I opened the map. It happened only once, but then again, it was a very short run. I’ve experienced similar troubles with hooks, but never really fount out what the problem was. Maybe you want to look in to that.
-
At the bottom of the client it say: Claims x + 0, where x correctly counts the claims. It’s unclear what the zero is for. could be counting NRFs, however it doesn’t say so and I’ve still to figure out how to register an NRF.
-
An no point was I able to read a claim while in windowed mode. This need to be possible if you ask me.
-
When the client read the claims, it did so correctly, however, I suspect that this is largely due to another very annoying “feature”. I had to press ‘P’ every single time I wanted to read a claim so that the client knew that I was close to the claim. If you really feel that this approach is necessary, mind you it’s not a bad approach as such, do make the ‘P’ press fire automatically. It is quite possible.
-
The OCR is quite sensitive and were it not for a few ninja tricks of my own, probably only 2 out of 11 claims would have been read at all. Still, I did got it to read them and the extracted information was correct, but it’s not good enough I’m sorry to say.
-
The sound played upon failure don’t exactly scream “failure”, in fact at first I thought it meant success. I think you should consider changing that.
-
Not all is bad though, For one I’d really like to complement you on the maps, they look awesome and the overall design of the client is decent.
-
As you know, I have been working in this area for some time and know a few things about the subject, especially regarding the OCR. I may be able to help if you’d like that. Just contact me and I’m sure that we can figure something out.
-
Final judgement is above average, but only just and it’s the nice client that count for most of the positive. I see a great future for this software, but I would have expected better on the OCR part, even for a beta.
-
I could probably say more, but for now I can’t think of anything. You have done very well, regardless of the criticism and I look forward to experiencing a fully functioning product in the future.
Best regards.
Edit:
“… make sure the deed object is not shown, and press SCAN (PRTSCR) …”
I assume that is a typo? Otherwise I’d like an explanation because I have no idea how to interpret it. ![]()
Hi Zacariaz,
Thank you for posting,
The text you quoted indicates you should disable showing of the claim deed item object (the piece of paper that floats around) maybe its not clear enough i will put a more descriptive how to on the website soon ![]()
to mark a NRF first make a drop … by pressing ORE/ENM buttons or keybinds i invite you to read the Intro Guide on my website for details on how to do it if you feel its not very clear please let me know.. i wrote the code so everything is obvious to me … not a good perspective when writing the how to ![]()
http://www.mininglog.com/intro.php
-
If you are having trouble with stability please send a more detailed description to support@mininglog.com we will try to figure out what can be causing this.
-
I will quote from the Intro Guide: The bottom of the window will also hold information on how many claims are stored of the user + claims imported into the tool in future releases at this time “+0”;
-
Windowed mode should work fine .. the app isnt really intended for Full Screen as you neither can see the Map or the Main Window. Of course it should work in full screen mode to read the claims but then you miss out on all the other cool features.
-
The client is meant for tracking runs drops NRF’s and claims, to do this yo move your marker around the map and place drops to mark the areas you mined, to do this you use P extensively , as a feature to safeguard the reading from false coordinates we added the proximity testing… i guess if you don’t use the map at all it can be annoying to press P. We will add this as an option to check-off in the next release however it is not recommended or we will add an option for the tool to send P to windows so that windows forwards it to the game and auto updates the position … for all those raising a red flag i know Entropia Tracker does this and got approved by Mindark.
-
In our testing we didn’t experience such big issues with the OCR scanning as you did, I dare to say we experience 1/10 claims trowing and error and its enough to focus the claim deed window or look more to the ground for it to scan correctly.
-
Yes we have a whole bunch of ideas for sounds
for now we play the default windows sounds you have set for your system .. BEEP and ASTERISK sounds are played -
thank you.
-
We are constantly improving on our OCR and we would appreciate if you could ZIP and send us your ERROR folder (maybe upload to rapidshare and send us the link). It holds all the screenshots of failed OCR attempts so we can analyze them and figure out the reason for the failure. Of course remove the images where no claim deed is present

-
I’m sorry you don’t feel happy about the OCR at its current state. All i can say is during my testing i haven’t had as much problems with it as you did so once again please send us your error folder for analysis. Its been in the public for only a few days and we are starting to receive some reports of a fail here and there… this was expected and one of the main reason for a BETA release
so that people can test the software on many different machines and help iron out the bugs. -
Your feedback is much appreciated we are looking forward to you using our application
Best Regards
Ido Sunrider
Edit:
You have to wait as long as it takes the world wide web to route the e-mail to your server and from your server to your mail client. E-mails are sent instantly upon registration.
You’re quite welcome.
Ah, I see, however, I had aleady done that, so no harm done.
I did read the guide, however regarding nrfs, I was making the assumption that the number of nrfs you be showen a place explained at 2.
I can not describe it in more details than I already have, but just to let you know, it happened a second time.
Missed that note.
Well, as I said, it don’t work for me.
Well, we all got different needs. I’m mainly interested in creating a resource map, not a nrf map ![]()
Well that is weird and I have no idea what makes the difference, however I do have a trick or two up my sleave that would make the “light background” problem a thing of the past. Let me know if you’re interested. ![]()
Just a suggestin. One can get used to most.
You’re quite welcome ![]()
I’ll see what I can do.
Best regards.
A comment on issues experienced by Zacariaz
After Careful investigation of the Error folder content sent in by Zacariaz we found:
Half of the screenshots contained black color only, this has been observed before for full screen mode the solution (now posted also to Intro Guide):
Important: When running the game in full screen mode you must Disable Desktop Composition. You can do this for the game alone by going to your “Entropia Universe\bin32” folder right-clicking on Entropia.exe selecting Properties → Compatibility and in the Settings section Check the Disable Desktop Composition button. This will disable areo effects and allow you to grab game screenshots while ingame in fullscreen mode and once the game shuts down it will return the nice visual effects.
According to Zacariaz black screens occur for windowed mode which hasn’t been observed before has anyone experienced this?
The second portion of the screens were incorrectly rendered for example the claim window lacked vital parts of its frame used for claim deed localization withing the image sometimes lacking over 80% of its boarders making it impossible to determine the deed position.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/4/8/1/eurenderingerror.jpg
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/4/8/1/eurenderingerror2.jpg
Does anyone else experience such erratic in game rendering or has such screenshots with claim deeds without boarders in their Error Folder in the Little Big Mining Log folder?
Until now we have never experienced such problems with image acquisition’s and we would like to hear from you are these common problem (implying its something the tool must overcome) or if this is extremely rare or dose not occur at all (implying it might be a HW issue or game installation corruption issue)
We are currently working closely with Zacariaz to figure out the possible reason for these errors, and it would be great if active users could check their error folders for images missing frames similar to above and post if you have these or not. And also your experiences with the image recognition performance.
There was also one valid screenshot incorrectly read.. which might have been caused by the blue background under the claim deed… we are constantly working on improving OCR accuracy hoping to achieve best possible results ![]()
Best Regards
Ido
Since Ido seemingly is pretty forgetful, I’ll take care of bumping it up to day ![]()
[CENTER][SIZE=“7”]* B U M P *[/SIZE][/CENTER]
For a great effort.
Patch v0.4.2.0
Hello all,
Today we release a patch for the Little Big Mining Log:
Current Release:
06/03/2011 Patch v0.4.2.0 - patch fixing following issues:
- Sweetstuff and Growth Molecules will be now correctly recognized
- Improved the accuracy of Image Recognition - thanks Marie ‘Zacariaz’ T’pol
- Using the log-out option no longer causes the application to crash
- Fixed application stability during shutdown
- Improved reliability of keybinds
grab it here: www.mininglog.com
Remember to check your settings after applying the patch they might be altered to default.
Ido
It crashes on me
wont even start.It asks for login details i got to login & it crashes.
I’m using windows 7 64bit not shure if that a problem
I did patches etc but no good any help would be great looks like it could be good i would gladly put some money towards it ![]()
Michael
Main testing for this application was done on Win7 x64 so that should not be the issue
We kindly ask you and all users to submit screenshots of error messages and unexpected application behaviour to support@mininglog.com
Also attach a description what actions you take prior to this occurring and if it’s a one time error or if it’s repetitive.
If the application hangs without any error message please verify if your firewall is not blocking the application
Best Regards
Ido